Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Declare Your Carry On Luggage

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)


Take a moment to think about all the things running through your mind right now. You know, the “I have to do this, I have to do that…I have to remember to do ….” Now, EMPTY YOUR MIND, by writing them all down on a piece of paper provided for you. Then fold this paper and put it in your pocket. The thoughts on your list are now safely stowed away in your pocket, leaving you FREE to concentrate on other things. You can retrieve it later when your journey here is over. This is your “carry on” luggage, since you get to carry it with you. Now proceed to the next check point.

1 comment:

Culture Dove said...

FROM THE PHYSICAL VIGIL:

*I've been trying to find the time to make a t0-do list all week. Thanks for providing the opportunity

*More like Mary and less like Martha

*Look for work - full time