Friday, March 21, 2008

The Door

Behold I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me.
Revelation 3:20

….JESUS is knocking …. Will you open the door?
….JESUS is calling for you…. Will you answer His call?
….JESUS is waiting for you to join HIM on this journey…
Will you take HIS hand and let HIM lead the way?


MEET JESUS….you’ve heard the stories…God sent his son to
teach us tolove, to teach us to live…

MEET JESUS…when he nudges you… tears threaten, throat tightens, a flood of emotion over the smallest of things…children walking down the isle, the simple lighting of a candle; the singing of a hymn, scriptures read, a sermon seemingly spoken just for you….

MEET JESUS…in the midst of your darkest moments, your deepest grief, heart breaking; you feel you can no longer go on…

MEET JESUS….in a hug, a smile, a kind word, delivered at the moment you needed it the most…

MEET JESUS…when you see injustice, it pulls at your heart, prompting you to take

action…

MEET JESUS…in the bread, the wine, the communion, the common union, the community of others….

MEET JESUS… He longs to take your hand in greeting and never let it go…

MEET JESUS…in life, in death….



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Christ in me is the light I reveal, my love I share and the hope that is left behind!

Anonymous said...

How can one resist this invitation? You must walk through the door.

Anonymous said...

Coming through the door my head is not in view. An accident? Or, leave your thoughts, preconceptions and assumptions behind?

Anonymous said...

In all my failures, in all my frailties, when I manage – or just try to meet Jesus halfway – or even turn in Christ's direction – we meet.

Anonymous said...

Love God with all your heart – God Bless

Anonymous said...

The Christ is me is a wonderful lesson – Matt

Anonymous said...

I like the way Jesus is in me.

Anonymous said...

Jesus inside me, I am glad to learn that!

Anonymous said...

One of the joys of life's journey is Christ's recognition in me and those along the journey.